8 March 2013

First days in Cairns, Queensland

Finally I have arrived to Cairns. The journey went really fast and without any problems. I believe that Chivas Regal served with coke (yes I said it with coke you whiskey lovers! :) made my trip more enjoyable.

So after goodbyes on the airport I went on my second journey to OZ. First I was heading to London where I embarked Qantas Flight to Hong Kong.

This is all I have now :) and I mean it - that's all my belongings - everything else is either sold or will be sold :) I have a working PC if you are interested for like 50 euro or so :) with monitor. If interested just drop me an email. :)


Last look over Dublin Airport




And that was my reading material for few hours on both airports :)


In less than 11 hours I was already over Hong Kong and the city from the sky looks absolutely majestic! It is officially on my list of places to visit from now on.

Captain was very kind that day and he let me to take some pictures from under the plane. View from the rear wheels. Very unique and bloody dangerous :P

 
So after short wait in Hong Kong Airport I finally got on the plane to Cairns - my first stop in Australia - place where I will overcome my jet lag and adjust to the local climate :)

An this is what I found in Cairns. I have to say last year we have been here, but I didn't realized how nice is this city.
 
Fresh water lagoon - place where I spend every morning to have a swim and adjust the color of my skin to non-touristy looking. Damn I am soo white! :)
And here where my bed is located. Dreamtime Hostel just 10 minutes walk from the Lagoon. Nice setting and very friendly staff
 
Up those stairs is were I reside :)

Every Wednesday owners of the hostel are preparing an Ozzie BBQ where beside proper steak and sausages I had an opportunity to taste Kangaroo and Crocodile!! The first one looks like beef but tastes like live. Not a fan of it. However crocodile was awesome! :)
Later that evening we experienced fire show and after that a small contest of playing on dzidzuridzu or something - don't have a clue how to spell that :) So that was my second evening here. In the first one I just managed to sleep ;p I am still adjusting to the local time :)

 
Please don't be alarmed, he didn't catch a fire - he is a professional fire swinger - no person has been hurt during the presentation. however afterwards many people has been injured trying those tricks on the dry practice with balls instead of fire :) funny :)
 
On my third evening I went for a walk as I slept in the afternoon until the late hours of the day. It was midnight with 25'C and with warm rain which actually failed to cool down the air. Anyhow, this is how the Cairns and Esplanade looks like at night time.
 
Alright this is the first batch of photos - it is 4 am so I think I will try to get some sleep and get up for breakfast as a normal person! :)

See ya soon!
A.

3 comments:

Rob G said...

I can literally feel what it is like to be there. I am happy for you being in Australia!

Keep us posted on Facebook (this is how I'll most likely see news on your blog) and safe travels!

Rob

Alex said...

Thanks Rob!

Will let you when the next stuff will be online!

hopefully you are getting great in Canada!

All the best mate!

Alex.

Unknown said...

damnnn!!! i am packing my bags and catching first flight!!! awesome!