9 January 2012

Action Packed Mission Beach!

Yeah!!! Now it's time for some action!! As I said before We booked some stuff back in the Byron Bay to get some fun out of life. As it' turned out Mission Beach is perfect place for thrill seekers!
First thing we've done in here was White Rafting on Tully River!! Yeah!!! Absolutely amazing!!!!! I'll just post the pictures because there is nothing to say here, you just have to experience it! More than 40 rapids over 4 hours of rafting on that river! And another tip - it gets better after the rain as the water levels are higher! That mad man at the back it's Ash - our tour guide!






Now second attraction only I decided to do. It's one of those things that I have to do it before I die :) hell yeah! sky diving babe! 14000 ft - the highest jump in Australia and only on Mission Beach! this is 4,267.2m up in the air!! I got fitted in to the harness, got few pictures taken and of we went to the small airport. On the way in I started to question my decision and thinking about the fact that I'm actually afraid of heights!!!

Well, there was no turning back now!! To make my fears smaller I've questioned my guide about his experience. Over 8000 jumps and all successful, obviously, made me little more calmer. They packed us to the small plane, a small metal box with the wings and a pilot to be more specific. We took off, rumbling and tumbling stuffed in the plane like sardines. As we were going higher and higher, the distance between me and the ground was getting a bit far to me, so I've checked with my guide the current altitude... ups we are just half way up!! after few minute the green light went off and door opened! I was last in the queue. I saw all guys before me jumping out. My turn, first you have to sit on the floor of the plane right on the edge, then your guide sits down and push you out of the plane so basically I'm outside and he is still in the plane! We hold that position for waaaaaay too long, maybe 4 seconds in total! Little wave to the camera and GO!!!!! After that I don't really know what just happened.








Ahhhh I never had such a adrenalin rush in my life! In 60 seconds of the free fall we covered half of the distance!!! Amazing experience!! I had a chance to do some steering, made some circles and enjoyed the views!! It's sooo much fun! after we've landed I felt absolutely amazing, like on top of the world, unstoppable! :)





That place will be imprinted in my mind for ever! Mission Beach!

No comments: