23 December 2011

Byron Bay - The most eastern point of Australia

Here we are in Byron Bay. Place where number of camper vans is almost three times bigger than normal cars. Campers everywhere! Some of them apparently arrived here few years ago and never left! That's what I've noticed. You can get a very hippie vibe from this place. Young and old crowd, from backpackers to holiday makers, bikers and tourists with huge Nikon lenses are hanging around the main street and main beach. It's like European holiday destination but hippie'r (if such a word exist ;))





Massive beaches around Cape Byron are a perfect place for surfers. Am I getting a surfing vibe? hmm not yet. I had few "surfs", even rented a board for a day. I have to say it's a difficult sport. It takes a lot of energy to get to the place where you can catch a wave, that's the most difficult part. Then catching a wave stage is easy peasy... and then is standing bit. The latter is a bit unrewarding if you keep falling all the time. It easier to stand on the soft boards (as I've done it) but the surf board is more challenging. It's not that easy after all!



Anyway we spend three nights here, playing around in different spots of the Byron Bay. Also we booked few adventure trips for news years. Between the 1st and 11th of January we will get some thrills going :) but what it's going to be? you will find out later! :) That will be a little secret of mine :)

on the 23rd of December we had a nice surf in the morning and then we drove up to Gold Coast! Surfers Paradise here we come.



I have to say that I'm getting used to a hot and sunny Christmas :)

I'll see you later!!

Full set of pics are on my flickr - here

No comments: